Thursday, December 1, 2016

Posted by \m/ The Power of the Riff \m/ | File under :



In the four plus years I have been writing for the riff I must have listened to a countless number ofW! demos, albums and promos, half of which I can not remember and some of which I wish I could forget, from bands of all styles of metal from all around the world and most of them I have not ever listened to again. However every now and again I will come across a band who gets that little meatlhead deep down inside me stirring and I get the same feelings I got as a teenager growing up and discovering metal for the first time. You know the feeling, you get a rush of adrenaline as the hair stands up on the back of your neck, foot starts tapping, fists start pumping followed by the inevitable headbanging. It is for that very reason, I do this because no matter how far I have to thrawl through the dredges of the underground it is always worth it to discover a band of this caliber. I can not quite put my finger on what it is that makes Wolf's Hunger so special but they just have something. Maybe it is that the songs are well crafted and are played by a band who have fire in their bellies, a true and honest passion for what they do. In a word they are fans as much as they are musicians. Now down to the music, the band play heavy metal with a healthy dose of thrash of the extreme kind with a hint of black metal in the sense of black/tharsh but even that fails to describe the music on offer. Although what they do is not groundbreaking, it is however earth shattering and it is one of their strenghts that while listening to the album I do not think of other bands but am instead drawn into the album itself, The album cover deserves a special mention as that is what made the album stick out from amongst the monthly pile of albums for review. I could go on and on about this album but really all I have to do is let the music do the talking. Check out the video below and see what you think.


0 comments:

Post a Comment