Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Posted by \m/ The Power of the Riff \m/ | File under :
This week's In the riff we trust with Jett from Salem's Lot





THE RIFF WHICH MADE YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GUITAR IS?

Jett: "Thunderstruck" or "Stairway To Heaven" I can't remember
Monroe: ACDC "Thunderstruck"

WHAT IS THE FIRST RIFF YOU LEARNED TO PLAY?
Jett: "Stand By Me" (learned the bass riff but on the guitar)
Monroe: "Smoke On The Water"

YOUR TOP THREE METAL RIFFERS ARE?
Jett: It's REALLY hard to choose and there are so many more but George Lynch, Warren Demartini, Jake E Lee (Ozzy era)
Monroe: Warren Demartini, John Sykes, Paul Gilbert (Racer X era)



WHO IS THE MASTER OF THE RIFF?
Jett: Yours truly
Monroe: Nobody



THE RIFF WHICH IS THE SOUNDTRACK TO YOUR LIFE IS?

Jett: Queen "I Want It All"
Monroe: I'll let you know when my life is coming to a close.


THE RIFF YOU WISH YOU WROTE IS?

Jett: Ratt "Lay It Down"
Monroe: Whitesnake "Still Of The Night"


THE WORST METAL RIFF EVER IS?

Jett: I know it's apparently blasphemy to say in the 'metal' community but I'd honestly say Pantera's "Walk". That riff, that tone just sounds like literal distorted farts to me. I thought Dimebag had much better riffs and tone earlier on.

Monroe: Most modern-day typical metal bands




RIFF FOR RIFF YOUR FIVE FAVOURITE ALBUMS ARE?

Jett: Ratt "Invasion of Your Privacy", Dead End "Ghost Of Romance", Loudness "Hurricane Eyes" or "Thunder In The East", Dokken "Back For The Attack", Ozzy "Ultimate Sin"

Monroe: Right now i'm into the following: Whitesnake 87' album, Ratt "Invasion…", Dead End "Ghost…", "Second Heat" Racer X, and Salems Lott "Salems Lott" of course


A NON METALHEAD ASKS YOU WHAT DOES METAL SOUND LIKE, THE RIFF YOU PLAY THEM IS?

Jett: TNT "Tell No Tales".

Monroe: Aion "Be Afraid"


THE RIFF YOU WANT PLAYED AT YOUR FUNERAL IS?

Jett: I don't want a funeral. Apparently most people shit themselves when they die, so I just hope I'm able store enough juice to leave the biggest shit for someone to clean up when I go. I'd like to shit on as many people as possible in death.

Monroe: The sound of silence when my body is hopefully thrown into the ocean.


WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT RIFFS ANYWAY?

Jett: Good riffs are rhythmic, memorable, move you and have awesome fucking tone. Scooped mids is NOT good tone, ruins every riff. Great riffs are the driving force behind an awesome tune and the real backbone of rock and metal. A great song with a great riff becomes an amazing song.

Monroe: Great tone, rhythm and note choice.



http://salemslott.com/ https://www.facebook.com/salemslottband?fref=ts



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wanna know if he loves you so,it's in his riff!! \m/

    ReplyDelete